I don't know about everyone, but down here in the warmth of the Florida sun, life tends to revolve around summertime. Especially if you're a teen. It's funny to watch my brother and his friends go off and do the same things my friends and I did when we were their age.
Here are a few things typical of a teenage summer: (Around here anyway. I know not everyone can hop over to the beach every afternoon.)
1) The Beach! We used to spend nearly every summer weekend laying out on the soft, sandy beaches. An alternate would certainly be the pool.
2) The River! Ever hopped in a boat and jetted up the river to a hidden dock so you could swim in the cool water? It gets really adventurous when the first snake is spotted. Then if you're canoeing, going back upstream is the biggest adventure of all. And full of giggles as you vow to never make the mistake again, knowing you'll be back in a couple weeks. ;)
3) The Movies! I don't know what it is about summertime that sends teens flooding to the movie theaters, but my brother and a pack of his friends are forever seeing the next big show.
4) The Mall! Teens love to shop. Clothes, shoes, each other...you know. That's what the mall is all about.
5) Work! Most teens I know have a summer job. They do have to be able to finance all of these shopping trips, ya know.
There's nothing quite comparable to sitting back and thinking about what summertime was like when I was a teen. Fourth of July really brought it back to mind, so that's why I'm sharing. As I played with my four-year-old yesterday I remembered all those past celebrations spent at the river with a pack of friends and a cold cherry coke.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! Do you have any other typical summer activities you did as a teen?